A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use the online payment system or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. This information is gathered anonymously and does not identify individual site users.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). This also allows us to remember your saved searches and favourites, as well as previous searchers you have made on the platform.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have viewed and properties you have spent time looking at. We will use this information to allow advertising to be displayed to you once you have left the website, relevant to the properties you browsed whilst on the platform. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose, as we may use Google for remarketing purposes. The information that is shared with third parties is anonymous and does not include specific information about individuals, but uses the cookie ID as an identifier.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
HOW TO MANAGE THE COOKIES YOUR BROWSER CONTROLS
All browsers provide tools that allow you to control how you handle cookies: accept, reject or delete them. These settings are normally accessed via the ‘preferences’ or ‘options’ menu of the browser you are using.
If you are unsure as to how to manage your cookies or require more information, we have outlined the most commonly used web browsers below & each of these has its own instructions on cookie management which you can search for online:
- Firefox internet settings
- Chrome cookie settings
- Opera cookie settings
- Safari cookie settings
- Internet Explorer cookie settings
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.